YouTube

Monday 2 February 2015


YouTube a site that was originally a place for people to store their videos: for example a place for you to show the world what you're cat was doing they you found endlessly amusing or for you to store that video you created in your bedroom signing along to Airplanes by B.o.B and Hayley Williams, good examples I know.

But we live in a world where social media is becoming one of the most important things in our lives: everyday people are so consumed like me by others on these so called sites. 

YouTube has not only been a place for you to watch endless cat videos or your favourite musicians music videos but it's now a place where we can watch we what call - YouTubers. The YouTuber is just like me and you, the average person documenting their lives online with a video camera - sounds crazy right? But we've all watched a YouTuber whether you realise it or not.

Alongside blogging, YouTube and YouTubers are something I've been passionate for since I was eleven and I was so consumed by watching people I love on a weekly basis. 

Successful YouTubers such as Zoella, Pointless Blog, Sprinkle of Glitter were all people I discovered prior to the fame they have now: believe it or not I was a loyal viewer since 2011 and it's crazy to see their journey they've been on along with other notorious YouTubers. 

You're probably thinking where are you going with this blog post? But I have been going back and forth on the idea of starting a YouTube channel for almost a few months now. YouTubers are people I idolise and to even achieve half of things they're doing is beyond my wildest dreams.


I would really like to coincide my blog with my YouTube and perhaps create weekly or fortnightly videos for you to watch alongside reading my blog.

Although this isn't a set deal I'd like to create men's fashion and lifestyle videos (much like my blog) on a weekly basis with videos such as style tips, outfits of the day, celebrity fashion, lifestyle posts and vlogs and this is because I feel that YouTube lacks a decent men's fashion vlogger and something I'd really enjoy doing.

However YouTube is a big step, sitting in front of a camera and talking to the world is something I'd find very daunting but I can imagine over time I can see it being something I love.

Let me know what you think? Do you think I should start a YouTube channel and if so what would you like to see - please let me know in the comment section below as I would love to collect answers and see if you'd be interested in watching.

Today is Monday not-so-Funday: but have a good one.

4 comments :

  1. That's a good idea, I'd say go for it :) I'm going to start doing makeup tutorials I think, because it's so hard to blog those! x

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement it really helps as I would love to start a channel and post as often there as my blog, and that's great you should totally do that - I get what you mean it's hard posting blog posts with just words sometimes you need a visual video to show it off/explain etc.

      Delete
  2. Starr one! It'd be great to see more male fashion and lifestyle vloggers out there. :)

    ohsamanthalouise.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement, I'd love to start one as soon as possible and definitley, YouTube is lacking serious mens fashion/lifestyle vloggers out there so who knows maybe I could break the mould?

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |