The Vintage Dunlop Barrel Bag | Topman

Friday 16 January 2015























In today's post I am going to introduce you to one of my new favourite pieces in my wardrobe - the vintage Dunlop barrel bag I bought in the Topman sale a few weeks ago.

With my style ever changing and growing I decided to treat myself to a new sort of bag, as always throughout my life I'd find myself having a rucksack or dual string bag to use on the go but the rising popularity of the man bag has given me a new outlook on style.

The man bag has been on the rise since high profile figures such as vlogger Jim Chapman, singer Harry Styles and model Oliver Cheshire have been using them. Instead of having a normal brief case style man bag I thought to stick to my vintage-esque roots and get a vintage Dunlop barrel bag, now I have seen the barrel bag been worn by lots of Instagram followers and I couldn't help by joining the bandwagon myself and get one.

I discovered the bag on a recent trip to my local shopping complex that is Cabot Circus in Bristol and the £20 price tag in Topman couldn't keep me from throwing out my wallet and purchasing the item in a instant rush. 

What makes this bag something worth having is that it can be used in many different ways, for you to use an accessory, travel bag, to take on a day out and so forth, the bag is that huge that you could give Mary Poppins a run for her money.

A bag like this doesn't neccesiarly require a specific outfit although I used this bag on the same day out as my previous post: the bag worked well with the all black attire and created a smart/casual look that I love. The bag was handy as it stored my daily essentials such as water, aftershave, headphones and a scarf to keep me warm in these wintery months.

Now if you're looking for a bag like this I would highly recommend Topman or online stores such as ASOS or Ebay as I found bags much similar prior to finding mine. The bag is an ideal purchase for you to add to your ever growing wardrobe and can be used a vocal point of any outfit.

I hope you enjoyed today's post and I'll come back next Tuesday with a "How To Style Your Desert Boots" post.

Have a lovely day.

What's on my body?
Oversized Wool Coat | Banana Republic (£170 with first purchase discount)
Grey Crew Neck Tee Shirt | Topman (XS - £7)
Black Skinny Jeans | Primark (£11) All Black High Top Converses | Schuh (£38)
Barrel Bag | Topman (£20)

2 comments :

  1. Love the coat Charlie! Was it a recent purchase??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes I bought the coat back in December at Banana Republic, I have a blog post on the coat previous to this one if you want to check it out.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |