The Ripped Denim Jacket | Loot

Tuesday 27 January 2015


The denim jacket. Everyone has one. Everyone who doesn't - needs one.

Denim Jackets were once popular in the 80's and 90's with hard core colourful punks and Irish pop stars (B*Witched remember them?) rocking them but I have found they've never lost their appeal.

Prior to owning a denim jacket I have always saw them as the answer to the double denim horror but how I was wrong. Denim Jackets have taken a worthy place of approval in my wardrobe and I find them the perfect piece of clothing to mix and match with. 

I have owned several denim jackets and my current favourite is the ripped Levi's denim jacket from my local vintage store Loot in Bristol. I have unconditional love for vintage stores and always find that they are my favourite stores alongside the high-street. I have been a loyal customer of Loot for almost a year now so I know their store is best when it comes to wanting to add to my vintage clothing collection.

What's so appealing about Loot is that not only there choices in clothing but their unbelievable prices, I was lucky enough to grab this denim jacket for an incredible £22 which is a great price to pay for something like this. Denim jackets tend to range from £30-50 so being able to get one at this price was something I wasn't expecting.

Something that makes denim jackets so appealing is that they add a sense of edge to your look, what ever you are wearing underneath it can instantly add some form of edginess to your outfit.

Denim jackets are tons of fun to style, in this look you can see I have worn it with a Mick Jagger printed tee shirt, skinny jeans and brown desert boots. With this look I was aiming for a edgy/rock look and the addition of the denim jacket made that achievable. 

Something I love about the denim jacket is that ripped detail you get throughout, as you can see you get a lot of rips and tears on the back of the jacket which I adore. The look of the denim jacket gives that distressed and vintage feel which I found perfect. Some say the tears in the back are too much but I find that it gives the jacket a lot of appeal and interest. 

Along with the denim jacket I wore a Mick Jagger print shirt was I previously mentioned. I picked this shirt up at another vintage store called Rise over a year ago. In all honesty I never got much wear out of the shirt until I paired with this outfit - I liked the Harry Styles esque look it gave off. This shirt cost just £12 and it's now beginning to take a rightful place in my ever growing wardrobe.

Denim jackets don't only just come like mine, you can get them in different colours, sizes and styles so they accommodate to any outfit. However if you're looking for a vintage style denim jacket much like mine then visit your local vintage stores or try high street shops such as Topman and Urban Outfitters as they have a wide collection of denim jackets.

That's all for today's post, I'd like to thank my good friend Jessie of taylormayed.blogspot.co.uk for all the outfit of the day photography she has done for me. Please check out her blog as it's a great one and she's just starting out like me.

Also I'd like to thank you for everyone follow, I'm so close to 200 followers which means I'll be doing a giveaway once I reach it, so get following my Bloglovin page here and all will be revealed soon. 

What's on my body?
Vintage Levi's Denim Jacket (Loot Vintage Store | £22)
Mick Jagger Print Shirt (Rise | £12) Black Skinny Jeans (Primark | £11) 
Brown Suede Desert Boots (Next | £48)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |