Blogging | Tips and Tricks

Friday 30 January 2015


Hello Guys. Thank god it's Friday - where's this week going?

In today's post I am going to run down some tips and tricks in how to find your blog, make it personal to you and how to attract your following.

Now you might be thinking - "Charlie, you've only been blogging since December?". Correct, I have, but I have been reading and following blogs/bloggers for almost two to three years now so along the way I have found what makes a blog worth reading - including my very own.

Tip One: "Find your niche!"
Every blogger has there niche, whether it be fashion, personal style, make up, food, music and so forth. When reading mine you've realised my blogger has a series of categories such as mens fashion, lifestyle posts, music and travel.

Bloggers need to find there niche so they know what to post about and what theme to stick to. I know having a mens fashion blog that I can't talk about horse riding (prime example I know) as it will only just throw you and your followers off - yes it might be an interesting post but this isn't what your followers have followed you for.

When finding your niche chose something you enjoy outside of blogging, so that when it comes to writing your blog post it's not something that you'll get bored of.

Tip Two: "Create a killer theme!"
Judgemental as it sounds but blogs are about appearance (yes I know personality's more important but jeez she's got to look nice). Blogs require a killer theme, something that entices your audience and feels as if they're reading from a professional/successful blog.

To make your blog successful you need a them that not only matches you but your posts. However getting a theme isn't as simple as seems, it took me ages to realise that if you want a killer them - you need to pay for it. You can always stick to bloggers default themes but is that really going to attract your readers and potential brands to work with?

There are a series of blogger themes you can get from trust-worthy websites but like I told you they do cost, prepare to pay some bucks if you want a killer looking blog.

Tip Three: "Master the eye of Photography"
This kind of goes along the basis of the theme - make your blog stand out and appear professional and by doing this you need to master the eye of photography, now I'm not saying be the next (tries to think of famous photographer)... you know what I'm saying, anyway, photography is key on a blog because you need to show your readers what you're talking about.

iPhone photos are a no go - see if you can use your funky SLR or rent one from your local library, this'll mean your photos will be in killer quality and attract more readers to your blog/entice your audience.

I'll be doing a "blogging photography" post soon so keep an eye out for that.

Tip Four: "Create a following"
Blogging is great, it's a place for you to tell your readers - oh wait there! Readers, yes, when blogging you need to people to follow you so you can create a following for your blog. You can't blog to no one right?

Followers are hard to get, yes I understand you. Set up your blog with Bloglovin' where you gain a following and even follow other bloggers. There's no key to gaining followers except networking between other bloggers and make it stand out and then the followers will start to come in.

Gaining followers is achievable but it does take time - so set yourself a goal and see if you can reach it in a decent amount of time.

Tip Five: "Network"
This goes along with the previous tip but network, network, network (you got that?). Just like anything, you need to get yourself out there and be noticed by others and this applies to blogging too.

Networking can be anything, comment on other bloggers posts, start a blogger circle of friends, contact brands to see your blog - this'll all work and pay off in the long run. If you want your blog to gain some form of success you need to network and by doing those three little tips then it'll help your blog achieve more than being nothing.

That's about enough tips I can really think of by now - if anyone more do arise I will do an updated post in the future. 

But I hope this helped you and your blog and let me know if any of these tips worked. 

Happy Friday and happy blogging.

11 comments :

  1. Hi Admin,

    I read your article and its awesome. Glad to read this article and understood lots of good things regarding blogging. Once again Thanks for writing this good article. and ya its good blog design :)

    Regards,
    Swapnil Kharche

    ReplyDelete
  2. What camera do you use to take your photos, your photography is really great! Also nice post.

    Nik,
    NIKJAMESS | Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Nikon D5100 and it's a 50mm fixed lens which helps create the blurred background, and thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Great tips! I would never have guessed that you've only been blogging since december, the quality of your writing and photos is great x

    rosyannajane.blogspot.com // bloglovin.com/annatranter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha it's crazy but I love it, and thank you for your kind words I really dig that.

      Delete
  4. Only blogging from December? They must be good tips because I enjoy reading your posts regularly :)
    clandestine-v.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, and thank you so much that's very kind of you.

      Delete
  5. good tips ! I really like your blog . Also I think it is important to reply to comments , I seen so many bloggers out here never replying back (even if you post the only comment) and for me it's a negativ point.
    :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and yeah I reply to everyone as I feel it's good to connect with who's reading and create a conversation.

      But thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  6. Great tips! I'll be honest, I have used quite a lot of iPhone photos in my posts recently, mainly because it is quick and easy to add into posts. Like yourself, I'm a newbie to the blogging world, but I only really started up my blog a week or so ago, so still definitely a newborn haha. Your photography is so beautiful by the way! I did photography at A Level; your photography on this blog and your mention of the importance of good photos has definitely inspired me and given lazy me a bit of a kick up the bum. Keep it up, love the blog.

    Samantha x
    ohsamanthalouise.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |